The schedule for the 2019 PhD candidate selection is as follow:
- Until February 1st: Call for proposals for the advisors using ADUM.
- From February 2nd to April the 26th: On line applications opens.
- May 6th: Selection and call for interviews.
- From May 13th to 20th: Interview of selected candidates in Paris.
- May 27th: First jury.
- July 1st: Final jury selection.
Each potential supervisor has submitted a PhD topic to ADUM1.
These PhD thesis topics are found in one (or both) of the following two lists:
- PhD thesis subjects that will compete for the ED AAIF grants (Contrat Doctoral).
- Proposals that have or may have other funding.
PhD advisors are required to state whether they a grant from the Doctoral School or whether they have secured or applied for a grant on other calls. It is possible to select both choices, especially if the grant is not yet secured. Please be specific on the grant envisionned, its current status and if any action from the Doctoral School is required to secure the grant.
Applications for a grant are submitted online from the proposals on these lists2. No other application will be considered. Successful candidates will be informed individually. If we do not contact you, it means that you were not selected. If you believe your application should be considered, but did not receive an answer from us, please contact us by mail.
You may apply to at most two subjects.
You must submit the following documents with your application:
- A curriculum vitae.
- A motivation letter.
- A copy of your grades for each year in college and master studies, starting from your first year of college
These items must be submitted with your online application by April 26th, 2019.
If your application is selected for an interview
- A letter from the potential PhD thesis supervisor.
must be sent before the interview, hence May 13th, 2019. Then
- A copy of your official diploma (Master or equivalent) for inscription to a PhD or a letter indicating the date of your Master graduation.
- Your Master memoir.
- A letter from the director of the laboratory where the PhD thesis will be performed.
must be sent before the final jury, hence July 1st, 2019.
One or two recommandation letters are useful for the jury, but not mandatory.
You must validate your application on line before April 26th. After validation it is no more possible to upload files. The remaining documents are to be sent by mail at the doctoral school
Up to one third of the PhD grants could be attributed by May 27th. The remaining grants will be attributed on July 1st.
Candidates can upgrade their application file until July the 1st. In particular, we expect to receive your Master training period memoir as soon as available.
Our selection results will be available online. Candidates receiving a grant will have to accept or decline before July 13th.
All supervisors have an account on ADUM. Your "UserId" is your E-mail address. In case of doubt: ask us! ↩
Click on the link "Candidater" at the top or bottom left of the online proposal. Do not try to open an account on ADUM by any other means. The link does not exist if you select the proposition directly from ADUM. You must use the web pages from the doctoral school to access it. ↩